How far along? 35.5 weeks-- 36 on Thursday!
Total weight gain: at my 34 week appointment it was exactly 20#, I think it will be much more at my next one!
Maternity clothes? All the time!
Stretch marks? Nothing!
Sleep: getting worse-- so when I said pregnancy was a breeze- that was up to 35 weeks~ probably up 2-3x/night now with alot more pelvic pressure, he must be getting into position!
Best moment this week: finishing the nursery! feeling him roll around a ton still! hearing a nice strong heart beat at my last DR visit as well as testing strep B negative ha! And lastly, having an awesome time with Tim taking maternity photos- we had so much fun laughing and goofing off, it was a good stress relieve after an intense DR appointment!
Miss Anything? WELL, at my last appointment I was put on a 10# lifting restriction for work, SO I miss not having to worry about what I lift or how I treat patients at work, and lately I have been having more Braxton Hicks throughout the day which really tends to mess with my concentration at work!!
Movement: he is back to being just as active as before but I think his movements are more painful now because he is getting so big for my belly!
Food cravings: nice bowl of ice cream-- every night! peppermint bon bon!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Its starting...well I think so--now that I am starting to dilate a bit I have noticed alot more of those practice contractions- sometimes they take my breath away and i feel like i cant breathe!
Symptoms: oh yes, lots of them, pelvic pressure, braxton hicks, numbness and tingling when I sleep over L LE- only when I am on my left side, more and more pressure-- everywhere!
Belly Button in or out? still in
Wedding rings on or off? decided to take them off for this week-- it was getting to be a challenging to take my ring off, so I took it off right after maternity photos and have a cheaper Lia Sofia ring on that was always too big! Plus my patient told me they had to cut her wedding ring off-- I dont want any of that to happen!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy this week, last week I was feeling really anxious and almost scared when I heard my MD wanted me to take it easy or take a few weeks off work because of me dilating! I had no idea, I was feeling great with minimal symptoms, now after hearing that, Ive had a few more contractions! As long as he stays in til 37 weeks I'd be happy!
Looking forward to: Still - Tim finishng the basement so I organize the rest of the house-not sure if this will happen now that I am supposed to take it easy -- Tim being home for 2 weeks now! And seeing our maternity photos tomorrow...lastly - meeting our little guy in about a MONTH! (or sooner :)
Well its been quite the crazy last few weeks around here! Tim and I put the finishing touches (the awesome decals) on the nursery walls so now it is all ready! I might add a shelf or two for photos, but his room is ready!! After that we had our 34 week appointment last Monday and I went in feeling just great, BP was awesome 116/80, weight right on track, measuring at 35 weeks (4-5 days ahead) and I mentioned a few Braxton Hicks contractions to her -- and then I had the wonderful pelvic exam where I began feeling very anxious-- she said I was starting to dilate and my cervix was softening!!! Then she said, WOW he is putting a lot of pressure on your pelvis! I was thinking, not yet!!!! So, she gave me the option of taking a few weeks off work to relax since my job is pretty physical or trying a lifting restrictions of 10# til I hit 37 weeks-- I took option B! Its pretty tough at work realizing if someones leg, head, etc weighs greater than 10# but I am working on it! Plus its hard to alter some of the treatments I do! It was also pretty difficult having a pretty awesome pregnancy and hearing that, but as I was talking to a lot of other mom's they have said the same, they were dilated 1-2 cm for 4-5 weeks before labor began so that made me more comfortable! Tim and I also had maternity photos scheduled for that day and had a blast taking those, I thought they were more fun than engagement photos-- we will see how they look tomorrow!! We also had breastfeeding class we went to last Wednesday (it was only us and another couple who was due on the same exact day!) It was pretty nice having the instructor one on one time to ask her a ton of questions, Tim and I both were able to practice on little babies, it was pretty cute to see him trying to burp the baby! We also couldn't believe all the benefits, and I will be giving it my best try at breast feeding and then pumping when I return to work after 12 weeks! We also found out our insurance will cover our pump with an MD prescription! Hope it works! I also finished packing my hospital bag for me and the baby, washed/cleaned all his toys, and boiled all the pacifiers! I would like to clean the house a little more, but all the necessities are bought and ready (except the pump) - we are ready when he is ready (hopefully after 37 weeks!) :)
A little glimpse of our nursery decor that we put up last week! I love it!
Fighting sioux mittens and cute little boy shoes!
Getting the bookshelf all organized-- I think we are ready whenever he is ready!

No comments:
Post a Comment