Monday, May 27, 2013

8 Months!

8 Months old!!!
A little late but I will see if I can remember a few highlights that I wrote down in Luke's baby calendar!
-You can pick up toys with your feet!! Little Monkey!
-You have started to find your voice, you talk the most in the morning when you wake up -- you love saying bababa, dadada, na na, and you even said mom after I repeated it multiple times! I think you are really figuring out who your dada is though!
-You had your first round of the flu-- good thing it only really lasted one day and night-- Mom was a mess and had Dad come home from his trip! You threw up at least 10x!
-You copied mom and dad when they waved-- even though yours is a backward wave!! :) 
-Trying to pull yourself up to stand, and can actually do it if you are sitting on mommy's legs for a little boost!
- You were weighed at 21.5#!! 
-You love all types of baby food-- you eat anything-- we have started to try 3 meals/day.
-Lots and lots of circles on the ground, lots of swimming and kicking going on, a few backward pushes-- still not quite figuring out that crawling thing forward, Mommy needs to realize you will when you want to!
-You can feed yourself with a spoon! Gets a little messy though!
-You love being outside and sitting the grass, swinging, and going for stroller rides!! You hold on to the sides of the strollers and swings so tight and fuss a little bit when we try taking you out!!
We are having so much fun this spring introducing Lucas to everything in outdoors. He is having a blast and seems like he is constantly smiling and giggling. He seems to get a little irritated though when he is alone and no one else is in sight. You continue to love going anywhere new, from the park, to walks, bowling, Grandma and Grandpas! As long as there is action, you are happy little baby! Mommy had her first Mother's day and you got her a softball glove so I can play catch with you when you get older, a potted plant with your hand prints and foot prints, and some fun bath paint! We can't believe how big you are getting, but love watching all the new things you can do!!! 


1 week old!

First time in the swing!


First Mother's Day!

trying so hard to get those chunky legs under your belly!!

Loving the swing!

Daddy building with you




sleeping on mom-- first case of the flu

Not feeling good and Fenton knew-- he wanted to cuddle with you all  day!

Standing so big and tall!




on all fours-- but with your legs straight! Silly boy!

Look Mom, I can stand with only one hand!




Cousins!







2 comments:

  1. Love, Love that little boy!! (and his mom and dad too) Hugs, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas you are getting so big! I must come visit soon!
    Live auntie chris!!

    ReplyDelete