Wednesday, February 17, 2016

8 Weeks!

















7 weeks!














Nolan is 8 weeks!! He is growing like a weed - especially for his length! He is barely fitting into his 3 month jammies anymore and on to 3-6 month size! We've had another eventful last few weeks from 6-8 weeks starting with his first road trip to Grand Forks to visit his Grandparents, Auntie and Uncles and cousins. He did amazing in the car! He would cry  pretty hard for maybe 5 min right when we placed in the car seat, but then fell right asleep, and we woke him up to eat after 3 hours when we stopped for lunch in Fargo! Then right back to sleep again! I hope he stays an easy traveler! He had a busy time in Grand Forks and was a pretty good baby with all the different activities we took him to .


Nolan has really started to smile a lot more, I think they call that the social smile! He has the sweetest smile ever, it just melts my heart! It is usually for me, right before he eats/during/or after eating, when being talked to by me, Tim or Lucas, or when Lucas is playing on the floor with him! I cannot get enough of his sweet smile! He also rolled for the first time! It might have been by accident but 1 day after he turned 6 weeks old (and right when we arrived in Grand Forks), he was doing tummy time and rolled right over onto his back! Such a strong boy. His neck/head control is amazing, he is lifting it to a good 45 degree angle some days! He also started really talking around 7 weeks old, we are hearing the agoos, coos and baby babble throughout the day when he is playing! He also celebrated his first Valentines Day!

Nolan has fallen a little bit more into a routine now which is nice to have a more predictable schedule!  I had remembered with Lucas I had finally figured it out when I went back to work that EASY,  (eat, activity, sleep, time for yourself) routine. I started that with Nolan and it has seemed to go well for him. Right after he eats he typically wants to doze right away, but I stick him on his play mat or down on a blanket to wake him up, he cry for a brief second, then happily plays for a good 20-30 min. After that, I have been typically sticking him a baby carrier, either the ergo or the solly baby wrap, or hold him and he falls asleep within a few minutes with his pacifier. He will then nap for a good 1-3 hours (3x/day)! This helps me a ton, then I can get a few things done and make time for Lucas especially when I am the only parent home (Tim had to go back to work after having an amazing 8 weeks off). Things were definitely a lot easier with Tim home. Tim usually plays hard with Lucas while I am with Nolan, and I was able to nap at least a few times a day. Now there is no more napping during the day due to Lucas no longer needing his afternoon nap! I am pretty exhausted and the house a complete mess at end of the day, but it is all worth it! Love my two little boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment