Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nursery and Anniversary!

Tim and I had a busy weekend and were able to get a TON accomplished! We thought we would purchase a bunch of our big items at Babies R Us, but we found everything was cheaper on Amazon! So we tested everything out at the store and left and ordered it online later! We officially bought our nursery furniture set in espresso: crib, changing table and chest! We also purchased our bedding set: Carter's Forest Friends at USA baby! Tim was able to prime and paint the nursery as well, we made a decision right away on the color-- it looks awesome - a cross between pastel blue and green! Its called Thunderstorm by Dutch Boy. We also installed more hanging space in the closet. Now we just have to wait a few weeks for all the furniture to come in, then time to get organized! Along with the furniture, we purchased a stroller, car seat, plus extra base! Slowly but surely things are coming together! 



Today is also our 2nd Anniversary! I cannot believe that we have been married 2 years already! With our busy lives, the days have flown by! Happy Anniversary to my best friend who I love unconditionally! And also our last anniversary without any children! 



To celebrate our anniversary we were planning on taking a babymoon/anniversary trip somewhere since I had 2 days off of work, but decided to get a ton of baby shopping done instead. After a few days of shopping, we planned a day to just spend with each other hanging out and having fun in MSP. We enjoyed a beautiful day and checked out a really neat mini golf course called Big Stone Mini golf, that had amazing sculptures throughout the course and tons of animals surrounding the course as well. Of course I ended up beating Tim by 6 strokes in mini golf! After golf we went to a nice restaurant on Lake Minnetonka called Maynerds and sat on the patio, had dinner and watched boats come in! Even though we celebrated without a big vacation like the past 2 years, we still had a great time and were just happy we could spend it together! When we got home, Tim surprised me with beautiful flowers to top off the night-- and then root beer floats (which I was craving!) Maybe tomorrow I'll post a new belly photo!





No comments:

Post a Comment