Sunday, January 20, 2013

4 Months!






4 months has come and gone already! I can't believe how much Lucas has grown and everything he can do! He had his 4 month check up last week and it went very well, even though I couldn't go because I was home with the stomach flu! His new stats: weight - 17# 10 oz (90th percentile), head circumference was 90th percentile as well, and length was 25 1/4in (56th percentile). He hasnt decided to roll yet, but thats okay I think he is getting there! And our Dr. said he might be a little late with rolling because he has such a big head! But he is bringing everything up to his mouth to chew on and he has been for awhile, and she was saying that bringing things to your mouth is a 6th month milestone! He is now wearing 9 month sleepers and is still a pretty content baby! We are STILL working on his congestion and little cough, so our pediatrician referred us to a EENT specialist to check it out. In the meantime we are trying our own little problem solving and trying a few different formulas to see if we can see a difference, he has always been on Similac Sensitive which we really started it around 2 months when I started to wean him from nursing, and this was right when we went on an air plane and went to AZ and right when we started formula -- so we couldnt decide if he caught something on the plane or what! But today is day 2 of his new formula (enfamil gentlease) and we haven't had to use the nose sucker once so far... :) We have been working with his little neck muscles a bit too as he was initially favoring looking to the left and sidebending to the right, but with a few stretches and a couple carrying techniques (PT really works :) ) I think he has greatly improved! Our pediatrician said she could barely tell he had any type of flat spot (plagiocephaly) on his head anymore! Another new adventure for us was the introduction of rice cereal, first day he took maybe 4 small spoonfuls, second day not so good, but the third day he probably ate about 8 small spoonfuls! It's pretty fun having him sit at the table with us in his cute little high chair-- he looks like such a big boy! Tim and I have been having so much fun just sitting at home and playing with him! Every day when I look at him  I think I can't believe how lucky we are to have such a wonderful, sweet, and funny little baby boy in our lives! He has just so many different facial expressions and just the cutest little personality!! Enjoy all the expressions of Lukey duke! 




Giggling with daddy!


Really, mom, more pictures?


First taste of rice cereal!


holding big toys!!

It was 40 degrees one day and we went for a walk in the stroller!


napping with daddy on his birthday


I hope he's not teething already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment