Wednesday, August 12, 2015

20 Weeks!


















Had to get one more shot with my other two baby boys! :) 


Look out world Lucas is going to have a little brother!! We found on Wednesday August 12th our big news!! We did not find out right during our US and instead asked the US tech to write down the gender in an envelope -- then we took our envelope to our grocery store and they quickly made a big cupcake with colored frosting inside, either blue for boy or pink for girl, that we couldn't see until we cut it. We then picked Lucas up at school, had everyone take a final guess-- Lucas and Tim guessed girl, and I guest boy, and came home and had a cake cutting celebration-- cutting into our cupcake to discover lots of BLUE frosting which meant we were having another little boy!!! 

We couldn't be more excited to add another little boy to our family! There is just something about a mother and son bond that is hard to describe and just so special! Lucas will also love having a brother to play cars, trucks, legos with and all the boy things! 
My motherly instincts were insanely correct on baby #2! A ton of friends and family thought I was having a girl (or maybe just wished!) but I knew that this little one was a boy the whole time!! 

Baby boy looked completely healthy on our ultrasound, they were able to view his heart, spine, brain, skull and get all the measurements they needed. He is pretty active just like Lucas was during his 20 week scan-- I feel like I can already see a resemblance in their profiles! Love seeing our baby for the first time!


How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: up 8#!
Maternity clothes?  all the time for shirts and pants at work! So much  more comfortable!
Stretch marks? Nope! 
Sleep: still not too bad at all! I started to use a little boppy wedge from my sister that I used last pregnancy, and that keeps everything pretty comfortable! Able to sleep on both sides, and also end up on my back without any issues!
Best moment this week:  Finding out the baby's gender! and  being able to watch baby move all around, he was doing lots of turns,  yawns, and practice swallows during our 20 week US. yay!!! and feeling lots and lots of kicks and flutters, Tim has now felt baby boy move a few times too!
Have you told family and friends: Yes! we kept the gender a secret for a few weeks and sent out scratch off cards to close  family and friends revealing baby #2's gender! 
Miss Anything?  coffee, lattes, frappucinos did i mention coffee? with a early riser and active toddler I miss having that extra caffeine burst in the morning! 
Movement: strong kicks/punchs once in awhile, mainly at night, otherwise lots of flutters still throughout the day. I feel this baby a lot lower than with Lucas!
Food cravings: cantaloupe, baked goods, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, peaches, nectarines
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope!
Have you started to show yet:  yep! getting huge! I feel like I am 4 weeks ahead of where I was with Lucas! Much much bigger this time around!
Gender prediction: all boy!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In but starting to look quite strange!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and tired!

Looking forward to: moving Lucas to our guest room and being able to get out all our cute newborn boy clothes! Getting our nursery all organized and possibly repainted! Also, looking forward for a weekend away at a friends wedding! Grandma and Grandpa will be coming to watch Lucas for the weekend while Tim and I head out to a wedding in Wisconsin! It will be nice to take a few days off work and have some time just as a couple!





No comments:

Post a Comment